Let’s start with the most important (YOUR MIND). You heard me correctly! The most important part of you is your mind.
When I changed the way I thought about things my life changed for ever, but the issue is, the outside surroundings can interfere with our thinking and pull us back into sleep mode.
Do you know why you feel the way you do?
Because of the stuff, you think about. Think about it! When you feel down it’s because you are having negative thoughts about something.
Let me give you an example!
When we break up with our partners and we feel sad, why is that?
- Isn’t it because we enjoyed being with them and we are thinking about those times?
- Isn’t because we think how they made us feel (well the good)?
- Isn’ because we think we love them?
What about if we think the negative stuff about them? Get it?
Everything in life is either about PAIN or PLEASURE! Our bodies respond to both differently and we need to learn how to control it.
Why are some of us so frustrated at times?
Isn’t because we don’t have what we want when we want it?
- We might feel frustrated because we don’t have a good income.
- We might feel depressed because we are not good-looking.
- We might feel frustrated because we don’t have opportunities.
- We might be mad at our co-workers because they get paid more for doing less.
- We might be rich and feel lonely without real friends.
- We might be good-looking but don’t have a good partner.
Whatever it is, is always about something we want and we don’t have! Not having what we want gives us pain and having it gives us pleasure.
Depending on how our parents, family or environment have taught us (programmed) is how we live our lives.
Have you been 100% sure of something, later to find out that you were 100% wrong, LOL. That happened to me some many times, and please be honest 🙂
Think about that!
You, only you have the power to change how you control your mind and body until your body is no longer here.
How do you want to live your remaining years?
- Thinking negative stuff?
- Thinking positive things?Or just thinking and not doing anything?
These concepts change our own world! We can’t be always positive but we can try our best to be more positive than negative.
99,99% of things you want, you can have! How? Here is how!
First change your thinking, here is an example on how to acquire what you want by changing your thoughts.
Let’s say you want to be a developer and make a certain income! We need to study for this but is not that easy. You can’t just study and study; you will get bored, lose interest and fall asleep.
So the trick is…..
Study thinking about the end result in your mind, so that you’ll be motivated all the time because study sucks for most. Why? because is a pain without meaning, and what we want is the end result which is our goal, that equals happiness 🙂
Plan of action to achieve.
1. Make your goals (IMPORTANT) without this you can’t do anything. Write them now. You can start by writing the big things you want. Just write something 🙂
2. Write 5 main ideas how to get there, make sure it’s possible to carry them out.
3. Start implementing them right away, why wait?
EXAMPLE OF IDEAS TO IMPLEMENT (I did all of them)
1. I will study from this time to this time every day (Remember to always think, end result). I would study 1 hour and take a 5 to 10-minute break. I would not check my email, answer phone, look at the phone, eat, or talk to anyone during this time. That was super hard for me before!
2. Apply for 5 jobs, related to what I want, every day. If not a job, I would try to do projects for people for a very cheap price and in some cases free, just to start getting things moving while I was studying.
3. Start excluding distractions from your life. Especially the 2 hours of talking on the phone with people, watching tv, video games, or going out too much.
4. I would do something for me, everyday or weekend. This could be anything, even watching tv or going out.
5. I would read, watch or listen to things that are food for the mind, like motivational material, inspiring or just plain good stuff. Remember that we are what we think about.
If you want to become a developer, think about what technologies you like. For the web, you need to start with HTML of course. To find out what you like, you need to try them out, but I mean really try them. Spend time on them and build something.
Here is a general guide in order of importance from my experience
WEB – Everything is on the web nowadays so this is a must 🙂
PHP – Procedural and Object Oriented.
Then there are Frameworks and tools to make your life easier.
These usually are pre-made functions and settings to help the flow of creating apps faster and better secured.
The problem with frameworks is that it creates half developers because people jump into them first without knowing the language and then when it breaks they can’t fix it.
I recommend getting into them when you are ready!
There are tools to compile your code, bundle scripts, download and install libraries with their dependencies, launch your apps online etc. You will know when you are ready when you have to do a lot of repetitive tasks for your projects. Like building the same forms, including all the libraries by pasting the scripts, like manually downloading packages later to find out it needs another program, etc.
You will know when you are ready when you have to do a lot of repetitive tasks for your projects. Like building the same forms, including all the libraries by pasting the scripts, like manually downloading packages later to find out it needs another program, etc.
For software, you need to start with the C programming language.
C – Great for programming hardware and the starter language for all.
C++ – Great for games.
C# – Also good for games.
Java – this one is huge but I think it’s better to start with C before getting here.
I hope this benefits some of you and I wish you the best in everything you do and may your life be filled with so many good things.
6 comments On Your mind is the center of your world
Thanks a lot for your precious words. God bless you 🙂
God bless you too 🙂
Thanks Edwin my mentor !
Respect man !
God bless you i feel motivated you help me a lot Thank you again and again
From Africa Ethiopia
Thank you and a big HI to AFRICA 🙂
Thanks for this great post, I learned so much from it. I agree that setting a goal is very important and that goal should keep you motivated to keep working towards it. I find it also important to enjoy the process and not become overwhelmed by the thought of how much work it’s going to take to get to that goal. Set a small goal everyday, enjoy it and compliment yourself for completing it.
I really enjoy reading your blog, I’m going to spend time going through the older posts as well.
My pleasure, I’m glad that you enjoy the blog!