I did not write this to judge anybody, all I want to do is cause awareness. Do you keep making the same mistakes again and again? It’s not bad making a couple of mistakes often, the problem comes when we make the same ones over and over again.
We tell ourselves it’s natural, it’s human nature, we are not machines, but the reality is that we are using excuses to not feel as bad for making those mistakes.
Some mistakes are bigger than others, but they all take our valuable time that we cannot get back.
Examples of mistakes I see people make, and of course myself included. But I learned my lesson.
- Eating delicious food that is bad for our bodies
- Giving relationships too many chances when we know it’s not going to work
- Using too many credits cards, with the excuse that we will pay it back in full
- Getting upset at somebody and offending them, later to apologize saying we will never do it again, of course, we do it again.
- Getting into the wrong jobs
- Telling somebody a secret, later to find out they told somebody else
- Dating the wrong people
- Hanging out with the wrong people
- Drinking too much on a weekend
- Spending too much time at work and none with family
- Getting another dog when you swore never to do it again
- Eating too much hot sauce, lol
- Getting into different careers all the time without focusing on one
And the list can keep going if we use our imagination or experiences. So what is my point in all this?
Stop making the same mistakes and get new ones. If you are making the same mistakes time and time again, chances are, you are not growing mentally, or emotionally. You are not evolving and your life has turned into a boring routine.
I got fed up with some of my mistakes, and I got so angry that I wrote a list to go over them, daily. I got so angry I stopped making the same mistakes and got myself new ones; that’s when I knew I was growing.
Maybe you have already created a habit of making these mistakes, maybe you are programmed to make them over and over again. So for that, I recommend learning how to take the right actions to correct it.
To start off I recommend looking into this post if you haven’t https://edwindiaz.com/motivation-learn-to-take-action-that-leads-to-success/. This will change your life if you follow it.