Everyday I encounter people who tell me they really want to become great programmers; that they will work hard at it as long as it takes to accomplish their goals.
Wanting is not enough to really achieve anything, and people don’t understand this, because many are ignorant on what it really takes to really get what they want.
Merely wanting something will not be enough to really get it. You need to breathe that THING every single second. You need to have it in your mind, like it’s oxygen that you desperately need.
The world is full of dreamers and not enough doers
Yeah I created that quoted on top unless somebody really famous beat me to it 🙂
Let me ask you this…..
Do you know what you really want?
Do you try everyday to achieve this? If so what actions do you take?
Here is a little secret that I created to detect people that really want something.
Let’s say somebody needs a job and they say they really want it, let’s ask them some questions to see if they really want it.
Do you post many resumes a day? For me, many is over 10
Do you go out personally and talk to managers in many places a day?
Do you study that craft everyday?
Do you relax too much on the weekend?
Do you enjoy partying most of the time?
Do you feel lazy most of the time?
Do you find your yourself jumping from thing to the other?
Do you get unmotivated really easily?
Do you give up easily?
Some people get lucky in life and for some reason get stuff they really don’t deserve. I would never want anything given to me if I don’t deserve it. I love working hard to achieve my goals because the feeling of success if greater than material things.
This world is not meant for the weak
We live in a world where the strong thrives.
- Those waking up early
- Those doing the most they can everyday
- Those making big sacrifices to achieve their goals
- Those staying home to study when others party or go out
- Those going to school everyday
- Those working to personally improve themselves everyday
- Those staying away from negative people
- Those that keep going no matter what
- Those that don’t let others persuade them to leave their dreams
- Those that take every opportunity given to them
- Those who are grateful but not content yet
- Those breathe their dream and take action everyday